Waking up

Today, I skipped an hour's lecture because I simply couldnt take the lecturer's way of teaching-one powerpoint slide per hour.Yup, It was THAT SLOW. Anyway, I was walking home alone and was so totally engrossed in my own thoughts, I failed to hear one of my friends calling my name. It was only when he practically SHOUTED my name at my face when I finally woke up from my daze.

Shocked and dazed, I shot a smile at him and mumbled a hi.

This lead me to think,perhaps I am so caught up with my own problems that I just fail to see that I am actually quite blessed. AND yes, there are people actually who actually care about me.

I woke up from getting hurt from being lied to. From having huge gigantic secrets being withheld from me. I woke up from thinking that I can control most of the things in my life. Things which are beyond my control,my abilities. I woke up understanding that I am human. That it is ok to get hurt. To hurt others. To hate. To love. To like. and to dislike.I woke up today.

I still have more waking up to do.
Cause I am not perfect.
and that I am human.

Labels: