Praise me. NOT

People are funny creatures. We love being praised, yet we pretend its a disgraceful. Cant blame us,most of us with chinese upbringing have parents telling us to practice humility to the max and never ever in any circumstances, accept praise.

Dont get me wrong. I think humility is a great characteristic in a person as I think people who are too full of themselves are just so overbearing and ever oh so in your face. You just cant breathe beside them. The conversations you have with them is like an never ending self promoting commercial that is stuck in the "replay" button.

Then there are also some sad fucks whose mouths are so dripping with sarcasm that they find it hard to say even a SINGLE good thing about a person. Nothing people do is ever good enough for them. Even if you did a david blaine and made a whole herd of rampaging elephants dissappear in front of them, all they will say is "not bad". wtfness.

Then there are some people who praise halfway then decides that it is simply too generous to offer a full praise. So they add a "but.." in the end. Great! So whats the whole point of praising?! The person in question just ended up getting 'shot' in the end anyway!!

IS IT SO HARD TO SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT SOMEONE?

I may be sarcastic at times. Yet, I believe in praising one when they truly deserves it. And most of the time,I actually mean what I say. I dont praise for the sake of it. Nothing pretencious, I am not some sad piece of existence who derives great satisfaction from shining someone else's shoe. I'd rather be picking coconuts for a living then to sink to such a level.

Praising should be done in a way which is genuine and simple. Overdoing it may cause head to swell to the size and the lightness of a beachball. Leave the fear of praising to the selfish insecure fucks. I think we are all made of better stuff to know better yeah?

So, please praise someone today if they deserves it.

Labels: