In tune with cartoon
Illustrating is good for sleepless nights.

I was bored and desperate to find something to do.
Thats when I saw my adobe illustrator 10 sitting idlely on my desktop.
Then Inspiration stuck!
if I were a cartoon character, you'd see a lightbulb mysteriously popping out and lighting up beside my head

Yeah. You guessed it.
I decided to learn how to draw using illustrator.

Then had no idea what to draw.
So i surfed the net and found something interesting
Click!

Cool indeed huh?
intially, I experimented with pic of a rabbit.
Then decided it was more fun to do a cartoon potrait.
I based on the second picture in the slideshow.

The result:


For me,
Added some imaginary highlight.
And decided not to draw the dark cycles, the zits... winkles. =P
But ended up with a weird looking nose which highly resembles xiaxue's.
And a plastic smile more suitable on barbie dolls.
But damn lazy to edit anymore.
Mengantuk..


For mei wei,
I was tempted to give her a darker shade than me for her complexion.
Since she's always telling me to buy ICI paint to instead of Olay.
quote;"ICI paint more effective. Weather proof one better lagi!!"
T.T '''

But in the end decided it'd be nice to experiment with light colors.
Hers is pretty ok I suppose except the mouth. Its looks really... unusual

Then sent it to photoshop and added patterns from brushes as background.
All in all, it took me around 2 hours since it isnt really detailed.
But it was fun!

OMG!! Its almost five am!!
And I need to wake up to help with some painting.
And I still have one more bookshelf with my dearest storybooks to clean and rearrange tomorrow.. WAIT! NOT TOMORROW!TODAY!!

I need sleep...

Labels: