Of Rituals, Traditions and Pretty lights!

Rituals and traditions.
A ritual is a habitual or routined action which is carried out in a set matter.
A tradition is a continuous handling down of cultural practice and beliefs.


Thus,it is my family's ritual to carry on the tradition of visiting a temple every CNY =)

yes, picture above is me practicing the fine art of ang pow giving with Sam. No, I am not getting married anytime soon xy!

If we werent back in Taiping or Penang visiting relatives, my family members would habitually wake up late in the morning, say our greetings, eat a combo of breakfast and lunch before heading off to a temple in Seputeh.

Since last year though, we decided to visit Dong Zen temple which is convieniently located near to our house. Afterall, Banting is located just a mere 30 minutes away
from Klang.If you havent been there, you seriously should, even if you arent a buddhist.heck, I just saw two malay couples there, angmoh tourists and some Indian families

The place is beautiful.In fact, if you have been watching the news, or like me, half listening to it, you'd notice some local big shot officiated something there recently. It is even a tourist attraction with all the tour buses stopping there regularly.


Location: Jenjarom > Banting > Selangor

Not convienced? Here are some eye candy to support my hypothesis.

The pagoda


Main attraction this year: the 12 zodiacs somehow I cant find the cow -.-' click on image to see bigger size

"why did the rooster climb the roof?"

I look stupid. I need to stop being so vain. Focus on the pink bunny.

Lanterns are all made by kids with greeting cards attached to them. see the little card dangling under the lanterns?

This eleven year old kid wishes everyone happy chinese new year and all the best in their studies. aw...


No fucking idea what a Lumbini is. The place is full of little monks and flowers though. cute!

This statue of buddha moves! It kinda pops outta this lotus.. slowly.


One of the many halls


The main hall is so shiny..

Man to wishing tree: I wish for a pretty wife who will cook me 8 course meals everyday-every meal, 10 kids to start a football team,bill gates's paycheck,istana negara to live in, a whole fleet of lamborginis, a private jet...

dark againts the light.


The birds are like.. everywhere. Be sure to spot them!


The Dharma school with a rather interesting picture.Dunno why so many ppl like to take picture with the girl in the picture though

They even have a mini pasar malam set outside.Didnt bother to take pictures.
Weird vendors though.
There is one set up by the tax department just right opposite the temple. like yeah, people will come out of the temple and go.. "oh, I have sinned so much, from now onwards, I shall NEVER evade tax." wtf-ness!!

This entry is turning out to be longer than I have expected. If you have actually read so far without skipping a line or a picture, Kudos to you for reaching so far, give yourself a pat on your shoulder on my behalf. Thanks =)

goodnight and may you be blessed with 'quality' ang pows!!

Labels: , , , ,