What would you ask for if...
you won the flyfm's I love my school contest?

For those who dont tune in to the relatively new radio station, let me explain about this competition which is really interesting.
I know "I love my school contest" sounds waaaay cheesy.
Perhaps even abit even corny.

Anyway, the wonderful thing about this contest is that any student can write in and tell them why and what they want for their schools or college.
ANYTHING.** (ahem)
Sounds juicy right?
ANYTHING.

Anyway, 2000 entries were received and guess what?
The winner asked for freaking ping pong equipments for her school.
PING PONG? wtf!
Who plays ping pong anyway?!!
who?!!
such a waste I tell you.

And you know what?
the winner.
Stays in Klang as well.
in the same area where I live in.
and you wouldnt believe it, she stays in the same row of houses I live in.
.........

In fact, she stays in the same house as I do.
Sometimes even share the same bed as I do.
(Opps too much information)

Yes, my sister won the stupid contest and she asked for ping pong equipments of all things.
and you know how long did it take for her to write the winning essay?
A record breaking 10 minutes.
She got to meet the djs and they dedicated a song to her.
the ping pong song by enrique iglesias wtf.
Jealous betul.
(0f meeting the djs part of course. I hate the pingpong song anyway)
I asked her why didnt she ask for something cooler.
Like a mcdonalds in the school compound or something.
or a mini cinema
or surround sound system for their perhimpunans.
or at least some electric guitars cause they are awesome.
She told me to dream on.
Which got me thinking.. what would I have asked for if I won the contest for tarc?
  • more parking places
  • more trees
  • better air cond system cause the current one is too cold.
  • GSC cinema seats for lecture hall.
  • Repair some of the older lecture halls.
  • Wireless microphones for lectures cause wired ones are just plain troublesome.
  • Subsidized mcD and kfc in the canteen. Gosh we need real wholesome food
  • Better security
  • More handsome lecturers. Preferably ones that look like lee hom
    sorry guys, cant ask for pretty lecturers, you people would fall for her and then all the girls will go after me for causing them to lose their bfs/fiances/husbands.
  • Free electricity for the college cause electricity supply sometimes just go off. Eh pay the bills la people.
  • Better PA systems cause the current ones are faulty.
  • A less beauracratic administrative system.
  • Projectors for every tutorial class. Presentations will be cooler if we have projectors
Its not like I am a sad soul who is bitter and sad about how things are. But nothings perfect and who does doesnt like improvement?
Besides, I met some pretty awesome people. Overall, the people here carry no airs and affected mannerisms which completely drives you up the wall. Humble is the appropriate word i think. And honest about their backgrounds. I admire people who do that. If they are broke, they'll tell you and instead of giving you a stare, people will detour from Starbucks to mamak for your sake.
Come to think of it, people who look down upon thy over a cup of overpriced but extremely heavenly coffee is not worth knowing anyway.
For goodnesssake dont ever set a price tag on your relationships with people, people.
Some wise person told me we are all rich in our own ways. I didnt get it at first, but perhaps I do now. Thanks.

This post is very long. I wonder who might even bother reading this anyway.