What makes you tick?

Deep breathes helps when you are angry. I know. Cause each time I feel that familar feeling surge, I start counting each breath I take like some freaking pregnant woman. I dont care. It works. Even on non pregnant people like guys.

I lost count of how many breaths I took just now.
All I can hear is the relentless ticking of the clock beside my ear as I lay on the bed.

tick. tick. tick. Always the same sound as before. Then why does it feel so strangely assuring to me this time? As if I am reassured by the fact that this feeling will eventually tick away. And hopefully, the things which have been bothering me will miraculously tick themself into oblivion.

Tick. Tick. Ticky. Tock.
One. two. three. four.
count the seconds on my clock.


Then in between the angsty thoughts, it struck me that as I lay here, each time the clock ticks, life is ticking away too.

And even an insolent fool can tell you solemnly that it is futile to try to fight it. We're better off trying to be happy with the time we have instead of counting down each second ticking away while mumbling profanity in a myriad of languages and dialects into your poor pillow.

Why? because its not worth it.

So with that thought I fell asleep. And I had a weird dream which involved one of my guy housemates bringing back a pretty cute angmoh gal with the most adorable brown eyes and honey colored hair and introducing her to us as his girlfriend.

damn, like some corny meet the parents movie lidat.

So,I woke up a lil disorientated and confused. But grinning like mad at my roommate's tilam above me as I was sleeping at the lower bunk of the double decker bed.

And you know what, I walked out and told them about my weird dream.
And it made the exam stressed people happy... for at least awhile lah.

Although I havent traveled far today or did something remarkable and of note, I learnt something very important today.

Share the joy.
Forget the anger.

and always take deep breathes when you are angry.
no matter how toxic and polluted the air around you might be.

=)

Labels: , ,