Its that time of the year again.

Today i received an sms from my uncle saying "pls if you are free pls join our christmas morning celebration at our church. gbu."

first thing i thought was how hard this is gonna be to turn down. why?
1. he's my uncle. my only uncle.
2. during my two years in college, he always offered me his place to stay in kl when i have no place to stay.
3. i turned down his invitation last christmas.
4. and the christmas before that. and before that.......and Easter.
5. but they are family. and i miss my cousin sis.
6. and, christmas food is the best. everyone knows THAT.

then i started to make a mental count as to

why i dont wanna go
1.gotta have to arrive in bukit jalil realllly early.
2.gotta listen to him try to play pastor.
3.gotta get asked all sorts of classic questions by him and auntie.
*what you up to? tell me everything. cgpa? gpa? part time job?
* do you have a boyfriend?
* are you seeing someone?
4.and lo behold they just might start dragging random church guys to introduce to me. i know them! unsubtly. in guise of um trying to get them to um help me raise my gpa or something like that. got nothing against church guys buttt its just embarassing k. fuck.
5.can i just make up an excuse. tell them that i am gay. or that im thinking of being a nun....
6.not to mention they will start asking me about my recent short term employment at cmed. and the reason behind my recent choice of profession. 7.and he might give me a golden rosary this year to go along with the golden bible he got me last year. and the normal bible he got me the year earlier. i swear all i get from him recently is bibles :/ he used to give me really cool electronics like disposable cameras, portable mini tv...

ok fine the man probably thinks i need salvation in the form of a higher unseen power.

and yeah, you might be wondering what does the gbu at the end of the message mean.
it means.... god bless you.


I suppose i'll have to start thinking of what dress to wear to church on christmas morning. I almost feel blessed. But then again, its christmas time again. Isnt too much to try to be nice to people you care about just for the sake of showing them how much you appreciate them. Just as long as they dont start trying to play oprah without your permission. Its okay. I can deal with this. I hope.


Labels: , ,