Running around in formal wear and sissy shoes
Campaigning for a good cause

When I was handed the post as one of the campaign managers for the coming blood donation campaign (BDC), my initial reaction was "WTFFFFFF!!!"

Okay, so I exaggerated. Point is, I wasnt over the moon.
Accepted it I did anyway.

So with the acceptance comes me running around tarc in formal wear and sissy shoes EVERYDAY for two weeks straight, much to the amusement of my classmates who started calling me 'formal tai cheh'.And its not over yet. Just most of it is anyway. Cause campaigning will still continue next week along with BDC. No daniel, I was not the one wearing the mascot omg!

BUT still, got reason to rejoice la wei!
I am done running around from one lecture hall to another!

Campaigning. What is it?
Erm. Technically all I do is run around college, disturb lectures and try to pujuk the students to donate blood.

It was tiring and rather intimidating, freaky and every word that is a synonym to intimidating/freaky and tiring. So yeah, it was one of the reasons why I am so moody recently.Like when facing the 400+ students in DKC the first time. The first glance across the hall got me dizzy. Yet, I survived. And yeah, I think I got over the fear of public speaking. I think.

Campaigning was tiring,freaky,intimidating,yet it is also very fun at times,considering the oddities and the things I have faced during this past week. Let's see..

About lecturers
Senario 1
Several lecturers told me to to make it fast. One even told me to wrap it up in a minute! Normally,I dont give a damn and talked at normal speed(which was pretty fast as well). When I was done, and was in the process of passing the microphone back to the lecturer, they told me "wah, that WAS FAST!" -.-'''

Senario 2
When I was halfway explaining some points to the year 2 counselling students regarding gays not being able to donate blood, the lecturer interjected with a question "why are YOU discriminating gays?". She said it with a passion. She said it with a glare. Then proceeded a short debate between me and her in front of her students.(much to the amusement of the students la, they get a longer break and some drama) Thankfully, she was happy with my explaination in the end.

But then again, some lecturers were so nice. They actually helped me!! There was one lecturer who told his students that if they donated blood this BDC, he would reward them with extra courseworks marks. So nice! Then there was one who gave me all the time I could so that her students can ask questions. =) Who said tarc dont have good lecturers? Some of them ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!!

About students
Senario 1
I remember this freaky person who was sitting in the front row of the lecture hall from marketing course who was FILMING me. Okay, taking photos is normal since almost all tarc students know about the BDC, but filming??! All I could do was to keep my composure,smile and try not to send the microphone flying at said person.

Senario 2
I have come to a conclusion about SOT guys. They are all wolves I tell you. The minute me or yenn feng or alyse enter their class, they start whistling. It's not flattering. Its SCARY.

About the questions
I have all kinds of questions thrown at me. Here are some classic ones.

"Can those who had sex before donate?" (Yes my dears)
"Can those with low blood pressure donate?" (check with the doctor to see the readings is high enough)
"Can donate more than once in 3 months?" (no, only after 3 months)
"Does it hurt?" (like an injection)
"Can I have your phone number?" (Yeah, no kidding.)

This experience is also rewarding as well. Although I get absolutely NOTHING in terms of possession except for a sijil from doing all this running around, I feel happy that at least for once in my life, I am actually doing something that might change someone's life for the better.

When the times get trying sometimes, and I feel like this miniscule grain of sand in the sahara desert, I console and tell myself that


Despite all the aching on my ankles,
Despite all the time I had to sacrifice from being with my classmates during in between class breaks,
Despite having a super packed timetable,
Despite all the worries, the fears and the insecurities...


I am for once doing something right.
Not for myself.
But for the better good of someone else.

I know this post is long. If you have reached this point without skipping a word, kudos! You are forever adored by me and shall not be cursed upon picking coconuts for a living.

Tarcians who are reading this. Remember that you could make a difference next week. Donate Blood man!

Date: 26-30 march (this week monday to friday)
Venue: college hall
Time: 9 am- 5 pm

Those who wanna come, please tell me when you will be at the college hall and I'll try to be there to make sure the sexy nurses isnt ill treating you. =P =P