Classmates: Please digest these facts

Anyway, just wanna share these few facts with you regarding our advanced diploma cum degree program which was explained by Ms Wong briefly today in the lecture hall.

Due to several issues which have been nagging me about this program recently, I decided to stay back to get more specific details regarding the program. Yes, although I had went over to the SBS office to inquire about this before with some of my classmates, there are some things which have still been bugging me. Issues which I need to lay to rest. Questions which I need answers to.

And indeed I got some rather disturbing facts.
The fact that some of the things which was said by the SBS officers does not tally with what Ms wong had comfirmed with me.

Wont go into details about the whole thing but here are some of the answers which I hope which might help everyone.

This is the interview done by Ms Wong to another Ms Wong. hahahahaha wtf so disturbing.

1. The 30k for the final semester in UK, what does it include?
Accomodation, food and studies.

2.What do we exactly study in JMU considering we already go through with the ICSA and advance papers here?
We shall be taught 5 additional modules which are not in our syllabus.
(she told me but I forgot. Something about international marketing..and such. damn random)

3. So means there will be exams?
Yes, there will be exams. But Ms Wong told only 5 students failed them before.
cause the hard part of the whole program is done for the ICSA.. hmm.

4.Lets say the weather in england made us incredibly stupid and we failed, so does that mean we need to stay back to resit the papers there?
No. All thy resit-ing will be done back here.

5. Lets say of we proceed with the advance program and decide that we dont want to go to JMU for the last semester, we are left with a advanced diploma qualification. Is this accepted by the employers as a degree paper or? And what if we want to proceed to obtain our masters after this?
No. advanced diploma is still an advance diploma. She told me the starting salary varies tremendously. 1.6k and 2.2 k. hmm..

To proceed to masters, one have to go overseas as local universities and college do not recognise the advance diploma cert. However, you dont need to redo your whole degree again. Just proceed. However this depends on the institution which you enrolled.

I dont think many people know thisla.
TALK ABOUT DISTURBING. Niaseng what if they dont recognise then how?!

So I asked Ms Wong, the point is that if you proceed with advanced diploma, you still need to go overseas? That means even if you dont go for the short semester, if you want to continue your studies to a higher level, you need to proceed overseas yo.

She pondered for awhile and said yes.
I thanked her for being so honest with me.

(Yala I so kepoh ask so far. But one can never be too safe can they? To know more is better than not knowing anyway.)

6.The short semester in UK is 3 months. However the student pass can last up to 6 months. Can we work there? Is it legal?
The lady at the office told me its legal. But Ms Wong told me actually its illegal for students to work. Haha but so far no one has been deported lalaala. :P

7.So is this cert recognised in the UK? And other places?
She told me its recognized. But just to be sure, I checked the education UK website. It is listed. But the linked died on me.

8. How bout loans?
For advance diploma, one can get loan of 13k from ptptn. Or 10k from the tarc internal loan. Which is interest free.

Kojadi loan can be obtained for the short semester. However you need to buy kojadi shares. (I forgot the minimum amount sorry) The loan need to be repaid within 8 years maximum. The interest rate will be 7% first year, 8% second year and 9% for the subsequent years.

8. There has been rumours about Tarc offering their own degree. Is this true? Does that mean tarc will be changed to university status?
Yes. Perhaps by 2010. But not really comfirmed yet. But there will be a degree program in the future. The question is just when it shall be implemented.

And tarc will still remain a college. Cause the college authorities have their own reasons. Something to do with the losing the funding from the government if they were to upgrade the status to university thus changing the to fully private college as opposed to the current half private status.

===========

I think the rest she had already told us la.

Anyway, if you people got more random questions to throw at her, please proceed to room R111 to give her a headache with your weird questions.

IS the grass greener in the UK? the sky bluer? And are the angmohs as leng zai as prince william? What is the legal age to enter a pub?

Ps: Dont ask me where I am going after this. I havent made my choice.. yet.
Procrastination at its best indeed.

Labels: ,