The Teluk Cempedak Post
also known as the kuantan post.

As promised here are the continuation of pictures taken from our class trip to cherating/kuantan/genting.

And sorry I think I had typed Kelantan instead of kuantan several posts ago. Yeah I am so blur I get kuantan and kelantan mixed up. Lol. The worst part of it all is that I just realised it.

Opps.

Anyway, on the next day after a massive failure by all to wake up at 4am to catch the sunrise due to erm weather conditions, we packed up and drove ourselves to Kuantan to kidnap visit Mr. key.

After our extremely late chinese new year visitation, we headed off to check into our hotel.

Photobucket
Which is actually a huge bungalow converted into an inn/motel/apartment thingy.But what the heckla it came cheap. Comfortable and clean*. And it had wah lai toi!

** my roommates said they saw an extra "roommate" wandering around at night that looked like me.

Sounds reasonable?

Photobucket
except for the fact that I, being such a pig, never left the bed since I hit the bed til morning.

sometimes I cant help but be thankful that I am blind without my spectacles and sleep like a pig **

Anyway, we then headed off to a popular beach in Kuantan called Teluk Cempedak. (very near the istana). But unfortunately, weather was terrible and we couldnt really get into the water as waves were huge and the red flag was hung.

But then again we saw some people surfing.
Hmm.. those people must be blissfully color blind.

So.. I took alot of pictures.
And here they are!

Photobucket
Batu Bersurat Teluk Cempedak.

Photobucket
The watchtower.

Photobucket
Like a boulevard right?

Photobucket
Antique benches look so quaint against the backdrop of gray seas

Photobucket
The walkway from the main beach to .. another stretch of beach.

Photobucket
So serene lah.

Photobucket
The waves spared the rocks no mercy.

Photobucket
I will follow you.

Photobucket
I wonder which idiot did this.
In mandarin it means " I love XXXX"
then it was crossed out.

We had this feeling that whoever wrote this broke up with the person he was declaring undying love for wtf.

Photobucket
Pondok-pondoks line the walkway.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
I wished I had brought kites.
but then again, they could have suffered the same unfortunate fate as the one above.

Photobucket
A meditating wilson. An amused denis looks on.

Photobucket
Another season of lost.
Starring ying erh.

Photobucket

Seafood!

Came out from the beach drenched. But due to rainwater not seawater. How sad.

That night we had more seafood.
Cause in kuantan, there is nothing but seafood as well.

Photobucket

Fortunately, the food was better than the first day.

:D

#Regarding the elections:
Barisan won. Marginally.
There are many casualties amongst the top guns.
5 states were captured by the opposition colliation.
The biggest blow to the ruling government had seen since independence.

health minister scandal/hindraf/bersih rally/bocor/zakaria/increasing prices/crime rates/the recent mahathir-anwar tape/lingam case
and etc etc

I think the people are tired of it all.
The rakyat has spoken.
They want changes.

I hope things will change for the better.
And that everyone will remember that this is a kerajaan demokrasi berparlimen.

Malaysia, I wish you all the best.

Labels: , , , , , , ,