The F1 Post

The sweltering weather, the blazing hot sun, the endless chatter in myriad of languages, the temporary deafness you experience after watching a race, the sunglasses, the angmohs and the japanese people who always seem to look lost without much effort, the datos and ambassadors, the super rich kids who are left unattended to spend as much as they wish, the air-conditioned mobile toilets (weird I know), DSLR snobs, the weird people who snap pictures of you when you are busy working, the language barriers... and the endless supply of cold water and homecooked food by our temporary mum of a manager. haha.

And her muffins.
Mustnt forget the muffins.
I adore Anne's muffins.

....The alarm clock going off at 4.45 am,the early mornings spent at Cititel's hotel's toilet, the melting make up, the super nice drivers Ben and John, the silence you get before the start and end a day, being stuck at MV til 9.30pm due to the long taxi line, the USD based transactions, the brown envelope with our crisp rewards, Our angmoh managers, Gerald, Graham, Peter and Sarah (english and swedish), the amusing and weird customers from all over.

japanese. english. spanish. macau(ians?). hongkies. korean. swedish. australian. kiwis. indonesian. thai. singaporean. american. chinese. russian. qatarian. filipinos. mexican. italian. peruian. vietnamese.

and godknowswhere else.

These would be the ways in which I can sum my experience working during the recent F1 in Sepang from the 21-23. Nolah I wasnt working as the umbrella lady (pit queen isit?). I was working as a promoter. There is a difference okay?

Umbrella ladies get paid to look as hot as possible while holding an umbrella while we get paid to work ma.
Pun intended. The weather was crap.

I had at least 7 bottles of water everyday to keep myself from looking like a dry wrung out sponge. Dehydration had sent many girls off to the St John's booth before. Dont underestimate the weather, boss told us two girls fainted during the melbourne F1 a few week earlier. o.0 freaky.

Point is, neverunderestimate the joy inducing effect of a bottle of ice cold H2O.

Anyway, the experience was great. The food and transport was provided. Pay was good. We got to watch the race for free.The angmoh managers were damn nice: they said thank you even though you are a staff. The food was good. We had breakfast, lunch, tea and jelly and fruits and salad and dessert and muffins.

Goodness.

Tiring as it was, I learnt alot. The whole experience had widen my perspective, broke down some of my personal stigmas and ideologies and made me a new fan of muffins.

Nyammm.

Anyway, enough of grandmother greatgrandmother stories, away with the pictures. Courtesy of coworkers since I didnt bring my camera.

I promised hot cars,hot guys and hot chicks right? Okay here they are:

HOT CARS

Being hugely ignorant of this sport, I didnt know there were so many kinds of races before this.

Massa.. before he flew off the track. Poor dude he was leading after kimi raikkonen. Must have been a blow to ferrari.

Not very hot. But also car. The stimulator thingy at the Petronas booth.


I think this is from the BMW sauber team.

HOT GUYS

Due to lack of hot guys, we were forced to have to make do with him.

Oh well.

Valerie and the BMW guy poster.

Nolah, there were plenty of eye candy for both male and females.
Ladies, please sediakan tissue.
...
...
...

I was seriouslah. Meet Carlos and erm.. forget hisnameliao.

My colleague, cassy with the twin brothers from the ferrari booth.
They are spanish.

OMGOMGOMG I wanted to kill her out of jealousy when I saw this picture.
Say go toilet but then go take picture with hot guys wtf.

T.T

Nevermind next time I go spain I'll stalk them.


Neh. I think this is Kimi Raikonnen's.
Sorry Vyonne this the closest shot of kimi lah haha.
Only people in the grand stand can see them upclose.
And those tickets are around 2 grand.
haha 2 grand is too grand for us.

Sorry, la

No point complaining la I got free entrance.
Amen.

And last but not least.. hot girls. But for some reason I cant seem to see any REALLY hot girls la. Pretty ones got alot la. But hot.. I dont know la. Its malaysia and you know..we have restrictions on this kind of things.

(please roll eyes and insert non-committal shrug here)

They didnt have the infamous ferrari girl in her red dress, devil horn and trident. Sadla they told me she came last year. I wonder what drove her away..

Oh well, guess you all have to settle with me and my colleagues. Since its their cameras and pictures. My computer's bluetooth system is PMSing and refuses to let me to access to my pictures on my phone.

Technology sucks sometimes.

Malboro gal. with cassy again.
They are primary classmates. lol.
Ironic la they are sellin cigarattes but the sign behind says no smoking wtf.

10 of us.
Interesting bunch.

Try guessing which girl matches with the description la.
-part time model. modeled for thomas and guys
-eurasian. chinese+portugese+punjabi
-UM student studying linguistics.
-chemical and biology student who is now working in a bank
-ex full time model who now is working in a bank
-tour guide


Whats the difference with taking a picture with a mercedes here and a mercedes we see on the streets?
Dunno.

(Actually I would rather take pictures of mini coopers)

Since everyone take, I also take lah.
For memories.

Jangan tanya mengapa kaki aku teramat pelik sangat.
I feel weird in skirts la. I like jeans :)

They said we look like sisters in this picture.
Haha. they must be blind.
Oh yeah her name is SuYen.
Sweeeeet gal.

Her real sister haha.
Also very pretty.

Mastered the skill of stoning while smiling. Interesting.

Meet my make up buddy in the mornings, Valerie.
Before we took this picture, she told me:
"eh must take a picture together so can show off to mun pui"
Mandy, please forgive us.

I will miss hanging out with you in cititel's toilet at 6 am.

And you complaining that the hotel staff stared at us funny..
ayam not so hardworking wake up at 6 am okay?
hahahahahaha.

Although I had learnt alot in the process, there are two things that still escapes my understanding.
1.The fuss about mascara, eyeliner and lipsticks. I think they are so troublesome to put on.
2.Why people pay so much to watch the F1. I nearly feel asleep during the race lah.

But one thing's for sure
Having around 4 hours sleep for three days straight makes one feel constipated, bloated and unpretty all the time.

I was so happy to be reunited with more normal hours of sleep after the three days.
I still am.


The grandstand where all the socialites gather.
Picture taken after the race.
Goodbye Grandstand.

And good morning people!

Labels: , ,