Grass is always greener on the other side.

Thinking back to when i was 10. I have always wanted to be 20.

Each time i see a bunch of cheh cheh walk past me,bouncy-radiant-pretty-confident, I'd get this pangs of pure green envy. I would tell myself "i want to be 20 too. i want to sleep at any time i wish. perhaps go without sleep for a whole day. eat chipsmore on the bed without having my mom to nag about me making a mess. and eat as much ice cream and chocolate as i want. and and anndd best of all adults would actually start listening to me. wouldn't that be really cooooool ?"

(big round watery eyes)

naivety is so cute.

now i am 20. and i realised that perhaps, just perhaps. all the cheh cheh which i have envied were probably faking the whole bouncy-radiant-pretty-confident aura. i get to sleep at anytime i wish now. sometimes i dont sleep. i can eat chipsmore on my bed now but i dont. cause i dont want to share my bed with the ants. i can eat as much chocolate and ice cream as i want but then i eat a little. cause i found out that they can make me fat :( anndd the adults listen to what i say now. and then tell me to stop acting like an irresponsible kid. wtflah totally not cool.

a few months ago, my 8 year old cousin sis told me: "i want to be like cheh cheh next time"
(big round watery eyes)

Photobucket
ok not so big and round...but the awww effect still intact.

i smile. and thought
"hoho. wait til you turn 20"

Labels: