Attachment. And detachment.

These waves of nostalgia seem to hit me each time I step into that place.

Nostalgia. Pacing those familiar corridors which I had paced so often. Places where I have left my footprints. Navigation was simple. Almost second nature. I got to where I wanted to with utmost ease. There was hardly a reason to think, I just let my feet bring me to where I was expected to be.

Its such an unusual concoction- everything was so familiar yet so strange at the same time.

I see people walk by. And I see them pass. Full of purpose, hands full of books, rushing off to wherever their destination is. With little creases upon the brow and hurried footsteps. I took all this in, finding it almost endearing.

I used to be one of them. A few months back, I used to feel attached to the things happening there. Now I am looking at everything from the outside that bubble. For awhile, I had wanted to be back inside that bubble. But standing outside of it brings a certain kind of clarity which was unattainable in the past.

Many times, I have realized that with detachment, there comes clarity.

Suddenly I started noticing those little things that I havent noticed before. Like how much this girl makeups. Like how insecure someone I know actually is. Like how the hawker for my favourite chicken rice shop never wipes his hand after collecting the money before preparing the next plate. eww.

Acceptance. I think I've reached it.
I am cool with everything now.

Labels: