Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Had a long, thoughtful,matured and insightful chat with a good friend today regarding the release of the latest MCR album and the way most of their songs deal with the taboo topic-DEATH.

So naturally I'm going to blog about:

Death
It is mysterious and ever so elusive. It swoops down upon us without us letting us know about its presence and then suddenly snatches one of our loved ones from our grasp. Death is always a winner. No matter how hard we try to hold on, it will always emerge victorious in a battle with men.

Death is feared yet sacred. Just the mere mention of the word in a room with elders causes the room temperature to drop drastically. FAST. Some squirm. Some fidget while some pretend that nothing had been uttered.

Why is death so feared when it is a part of life? After all, those who had lived before us had died and those who are living will eventually follow as well. Evading has never ever been a option.

Truth is,most of us are actually afraid of the process of dying instead of actual death. Dying has always and will always be associated with pain, suffering and illness.

Then again,it could also be quick and painless. READ.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1)Grand Aunt
Quickest and probably the most freakiest way to die. She died while walking on a beach back in china. AND of all things that could have killed her eg tsunami/
tidal wave/typhoon
she had to be killed by a piece of falling coconut. wtfness.

When my mom first told me about this story, I went through a phrase of looking up at coconut trees as I walked under them. I still do sometimes. Just in case.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2)Some relative. I think its one of my distant uncles.
He died a happy man after winning a round of mah jong at the ripe old age of 50+.Laughed his way to death. Died of heart attack.
Note: mah jong is counted as an extreme sports for those above 50 years old.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
3)Grand uncle.
Died while watching his favourite television program. My grand aunt was with him when she suddenly heard a peculiar noice that sounded like a crack. When she inspected him, she found out he was already dead.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
4)Another of my grand uncle
Went to sleep and never woke up the next morning. Just terus die liao. 0.o

Yes, all these people are directly related to me by blood. And yes, my dear friend predicted that I'd probably 'go' in a weird way like all my ancestors did. can be
inherited one meh?


okay. So coconut is ok. BUT WHAT IF DURIAN LE?
I hope I will just be like my grand uncle and sleep his way to death. Safe and comfortable la wei.

Labels: