Sorry about my temporary hiatus status. it rhymes!~~
It's just that new semester is starting to kick in. And I think things will start getting more challenging soon enough with the co curricular activities and all.

Don't worry your pretty heads about it. I already have an articulate,intricate and ingenious master plan in my head to handle all the madness. AND it does involve me doing my homework.

NOT that I haven't tried to blog. I've tried. TRICE bloodyhell.
Screw blogger. Type half way, post does a houdini act.


Today, I wanna blog about serendipity.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
no no no, not this one!

Serendipity.
A very long and sometimes confusing word to describe something good which happened accidentally. Also a very very pretty word. Say it the right way and it’ll sound like a French swearing. you’ll never know if they are swearing, everything sounds so good!

Several days ago, my very bemused dad came back from his ex-colleague's nephew's wedding yes, I know, wtf-ness!. He then became VERY VERY talkative. normally also very noisy, but that night, it was really abnormal


So he was like : “ Omg. Guess who I saw at my colleague’s nephew’s wedding?”
Me : Dunno, don’t wanna guess.
Very amused dad : Guess!!! *grins like an ass*
Me : er.. Datuk Zakaria? Datuk K? Sammy Vellu? Dr M? Abdullah?
Agong?
Not so amused liao : MY OLD SCHOOL MATES la!


OH. MY. GAWD.

What are the chances you meet your old school mates from some thirty odd years back from TAIPING in some ex-colleague’s nephew’s wedding in KLANG?

I’ve done the math.
Yes, it’s almost nil.

Thus how can this be explained?
Fate suddenly become mischievous and decides to play a joke on you.
THUS, SERENDIPITY.

Needless to say, my dad had a lot to say about his now bespectacled and balding high school comrades.


“ WAH, look at Lim now! From the front I thought he looked pretty okay. Manatau, look behind the head all botak!! “ *cracks into evil laughter*
“ Last time that fella look like a stick, now look like oil drum o.0”


Then he proceeded to get me to log on to this website his classmates started. now old men also high tech liao eh?. AND they had pictures. Loads of them! With many stick thin boys with their extremely fierce looking teachers donning the bee hive hairstyle. SO ADORABLE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In case you are wondering..

Then my dad started to tell me about the fate of each stick thin little boy.

“This one, pushing drugs in pharmacy”
“This one, went into drugs, entered rehabilitation. Got a girl pregnant at 19.”
“This one, lawyer now”
“This one, died”
“This one, married qin kam of a timber tycoon . Drove a benz at 21. Father in-law’s”
“This one, missing in Australian outback”


Looking at the pictures of these fresh faced young boys, its pretty hard to imagine that although they had shared the similar fate of going to the same school many years ago, each and every one of them had chosen very different paths to walk in their adulthood. Each had found their place in society and now have very different tales to tell. Most are now fathers. All are almost bald.

Will I be doing the same thing as my dad in some thirty something years in the future?
Relating the fate of my classmates to a younger one? If so, I hope they all will do well, so I can say:

This one, now a famous director in Hollywood.
This one, become datuk.
This one, singer in Taiwan.
This one, running for prime minister.
This one, head of Disney corp.
This one, first Malaysian in space.

Small incidents such as this can sometimes get us thinking huh?

Labels: ,