Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Piracy causes music industry to lose their marbles

Went to watch devil wears prada today at KLCC with my coursemates. Gosh! I wanna be like Miranda when I grow up!!! (except for the whole divorse thing..)

After the movie we decided to drop by Tower Records.
(Random note: evanescence's latest album, The Open Door is out!! buy, beg, steal!! You must get it!!! shove )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sadly though, the idea of running into a CD shop hardly appeals to me as much to me now as it did several years back. Then, I was like a little kid running wild in a candy store. Or like a shopaholic running mad in a mall with a platinum card which cannot be max-ed. oh the joy~~!

Now, I just feel damn sien. I suppose using too much Limewire does that to you. Yalar, I confess that I'm guilty of software piracy. So what? EVERY SINGLE SOUL I know does that as well. Yes, we know it's illegal. But seriously, does ANYONE besides the music companies and artists really care? Even our dear goverment is also doing a half-assed job trying to curb with this problem.

To put to simply : It's too widespread to curb.

Yes, I feel guilty.
Yes, I know its illegal.

Does that make me wanna stop downloading?
heck, no!!

The prices of most CDs are so freaking expensive that I actually buy it, I'd feel even more guiltier for spending my parents hard earned ringgit on something which I could live without. I ONLY buy originals when I actually ADORE the artist very very much. If not, download saje.

Bet recording labels are having a MAJOR headache trying to deal with this issue. They have to try to come out with new, innovative and bright ideas on how to market their products to make the album so desirable that we'd do anything in our abilities to obtain said album. Be it pre-ordering the album, camping outside the music store before the launch,beg for it and maybe even KILL for it.

Sad to say, from what I see today at Tower records, these people aren't really doing their jobs very well. Check this out.

EXAMPLE A
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
N sync limited edition album

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Comes with sijil some more!! Wahlao!! Good for those sijil collecting freaks!!

EXAMPLE B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Red Hot Chilli Pepper's Stadium Arcadium box - as thick as oxford dictionary

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Comes with two CDs, one DVD, a 3D cover, lyrics booklet, a notepad, a small wooden top with cardboard planets which can be put on it, artwork by each member and MARBLES.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
MARBLES??!! I'm speechless.

Labels: , , , ,