Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When kawaii gets scary

Happy slightly Belated birthday xy!! Sorry I couldn't sms you. Digi is throwing a magnificent tantrum at me lately. I'm so pissed that I don't even wanna waste my youth typing about it -.-'

Anyway, for all that matters, you are now 17!! You don't turn 17 everyday. So enjoy yourself. Stuff yourself silly with ketupat and muruku. Start a 24 hour anime marathon. Bathe in Cadbury chocolate. Rob bank negara. Run around naked around Sri Pentas. The choice is yours :)


Today, while watching "I Guess", an extreamly popular taiwan show, I was shocked when they had this segment where they had several women with voices that would make chip and dale proud.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chip and Dale

Gosh. Not only did they sound child-like. They even dressed/walked/stand/pose in a child-like way. It's scary. WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO DRESS UP AS A LOLITA DOLL WHEN YOU ARE 21??!! gatal huh?

I was so freaked out that I actually abandoned my packet of chicken rice to stare and gasp at the tv screen.

As I know, this phenomena started once upon a time in Japan. Men started to develop preference for women who acted naive and innocent. I suppose they think it shows purity and virganality. UGH! such a sick fetish!

Thus the birth or the "kawaii" culture. AND then it spread. From Japan it took taiwan by storm and even friendster!! aduhai.Now malaysia also getting hit by the "kawaii" fever. Not convienced? talk a stroll down Sungai Wang and see for yourself. Or Tar college. Even guys also get affected. I once saw a guy in college in full "lala" regelia. 0.o !!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dammit! Look at me when i am acting cute!!

what is lala?

lala (n, pl)
is a slang used to describe the dressing up of a person which is highly influenced by the japanese street fashion. preferably one that wears clothes that screams ohlookiamcute


Thankfully, its just the dressing up and not acting like a nine year old like the freaky girls in "I Guess" that is happening here. But we do have many girls who abuse the word "ke ai" (cute) to the max. Ask them to describe anything that is pleasant or pretty or nice and they'll tell you.... what else? "how ke ai wor"(oh so cute!) aduhai. Don't these people have other words that they can use in their dictionary?

"ke ai" is just as overly used as the word "basically"

And apparently, I have typed much more then I had originally intended. My fingers hurt and i need sleep. Once again, happy birthday xy! :)

Labels: