Sir, Please educate us about education

Sometimes, nice days can just turn horribly wrong. I had a nice day today. Not brillant, but nice.

After all,Daniel and Alex(is) Meade decided to put their childishness aside and get on.. and Orson Hodge's phycotic mom is never ever going to meddle in their lives again.

So I was =)

Well, I WAS. Until I spotted THIS link which I found at Enid's blog.

Please read up on the scholarship quota issue (may 16, 2006) and the issue about tarcians not getting recognized (march 27 ,2007)

Normally, I am a rather confused person. I still get my lefts and rights in mandarin messed up sometimes, much to my agony. Needless to say, reading this just made me wanna EXPLODE in a combination of frustration and confusion. The weather isnt helping either.

Why? Cause I feel cheated la that's why!

Aduh, think about it. Since forever, we have always been told by our parents, "study hard and your future will be taken care of". So being the good little kids we listened. So, we watched less pokemon and digimon and studied more. Cause by studying hard, we can make them proud.

Apparently, studying hard in Malaysia isnt enough. Nah, its not so simple here. There are all the legal tapes, policies and political agendas. Despite all the corny things they teach in our moral textbooks showing THE THREE KIDS and the emphasis on the nilais, things arent as pretty as we'd like to imagine.

You know the three kids.
Normally one boy and two girls.
Each representing one of the main race of Malaysia.
They are smiling.
And holding hands.
And the background must have this GIGANTIC Jalur Gemilang,
and beside them are Bunga Rayas.
Bunga Raya must also be very big. Cause big is patriotic mah.


You know what, the saddest thing is, speaking out is a taboo. Our freedom of speech is limited. We are mass produced sheeps of the education system remember? And sheep arent trained to talk. Or think. They are just moulded to be good sheep. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Pink Floyd is wrong.
We need education.
So shouldnt education be fair to all?
And shouldnt the education system be more transparent?
After all, everyone is taxed equally.
Or does the nilai tidak berat sebelah only exist in the tax department?

Wake up people.
Its not just important to be educated now.
Its also equally as important to be educated in the education system.


What I do when I get bored with studying

You know what? Sometimes, I just get really sick of studying. I am not really smart, not particularly talented and not terribly passionate about what I am doing now. Its so bad that I keep falling asleep while studying. I get by okay. My mom reckons I am bored. I dunno. I just cant seem to find the extra 'push' it takes to study anymore after PMR. Its weird.

And you know what?
Thinking so much has made me hungry.
SO I am off for a sandwich.

ta~

Labels: ,