This doesnt cause cancer.(I hope)
Ohmygoodnessgracious!! FOOD!!

Due to the super long break between exams (10days la wei. Poyo!), I've been running around doing.. almost nothing. In fact, it was the boredom that drove me and some friends to Sri Rampai's weekly Thursday pasar malam and me and qiqi going to sungai wang to take more sticker pictures (again press wrongly.. wtf)

Anyway, back to pasar malam. If you ever have the chance to go there, you'd notice that chances are, half of the people there are tarc students. Its scary. And damn, this pasar malam is pretty big. Unlike a certain pasar malam larut malam in Wangsa Maju which starts operation late at night, this one (thankfully) starts operation much much earlier.


Sri Rampai pasar malam. Just a small section. It is much bigger in reality
Very happy la, since it has been a semester (2 months?) since I went there. The atmosphere. The unusual gadgets. The cheap accessories. And of course-the FOOD.

Today I'll introduce to you people one of Sri Rampai's most famous and notorious speciality. It is loved by some and loathed by most. And it is my personal favourite food there.

Smelly Tau Fu.


Picture stolen from I eat. I Shoot. I post. Pardon me la. You dont expect me to take artistic pictures of food when I am starving right?

It is oily. It comes with tons and TONS of chilli and pickles. And it stinks the daylights out of you. Did I mention that it is gloriously delicious?

So delicious that it is sinful!

This particular stall is very famous and is one of Sri Rampai's best commodity (well, in my opinionla). I suppose its main claim to fame comes from the smell of the tou fu. Horrible! But for people who love the dish, that smell is ... somewhat tahan-able.

People who havent got a whiff of it cant seem to understand why people eat it. Which is pretty unfortunate. Cause it tastes super good.

And those unfortunate enough to have me as a passenger in their taxi will probably remember me well. haha!

Taxi guy: Apa bau itu? *sniffs like mad
me: Oh.. you teka la
Taxi guy: mana I tau? Tapi bau macam tahi..
Me: Itu 'tahi' saya akan makan nanti oh

Yeah, this conversation actually happened before.

Anyway, for those who want to have a taste of this stinky goodness. Please be prepared to wait for awhile. Despite the smell, it is extreamly popular.


Taken after waiting for several minutes. There were about 6 to 7 people behind me

Anyway, if you wanna give it a try, there is a popular joke that tells you to use your nose to find the smelly tau fu. You'll never get it wrong. =p

Labels: ,