What is your FIRST memory?
Recollecting, remembering and appreciating.

What will you answer to when ask the below question:

What means alot to you? (you may insert as many answers as possible in line below using your imagination)
_____________________________________________

-
-
-
-
-
-

So what did you answer?

Did you list the following?
friendship, family, love, hope, joy, happiness, wealth, health, power, independence, glory, your spartan like spirit or your dog/cat/fish/iguana/playstation portable/wii/handphone?

Did anyone list this?
Memories.

Yes my dears, memories are VERY VERY important to us. Just ask Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives. Or any sappy korean movie whereby the main actor/actress lost their memory and left their poor lover pining away like a sad puppy.

Memories. They are like our computer's hard disks. They carry all the programs and packages that makes us US. They are not perfect, faulty and sometimes may contain viruses and worms also known as emotional baggage which is damaging to the otherwise perfect person that you could have been.

New information is added to our biological hard disk daily whether you are aware of it or not. And yes, we need to constantly scan the information in our biological hard disk to avoid overtaxing it. Overtaxing would mean causing our biological RAM to run SUPER slowly.This causes laggy performance and perhaps even a biological shutdown. such occurances happen pretty frequently in exam halls And yes, serious damage incurred upon your biological hard disk may bring upon severe consequences.

Reprogramming your hard disk is of course possible with the help of a trained phycologist.

Reformatting your hard disk would be devastating.

Here, lets picture a hapless and helpless but otherwise hunky Mike Delfino in our mind now shall we?


Susan Mayer to herself:" Must.. avoid.. looking.. at... six...packs!!"

Anyway, my mom asked me this question yesterday while we were halfway discussing about my sister and her unhealthy obsession towards Tesco's chicken rice.

"When was your first memory as a child?
caught me off guard this one.

So I rewound and allowed myself to sit back and try to remember the earliest possible memory which I could gather. And I did successfully recall my first memory. Hard to miss considering it was pretty powerful.

I remember sitting beside an open window on the second floor of the house we rented last time. The window was overlooking this huge piece of sandy land. The sky was so pretty. It was the perfect tone of baby blue. The weather was hot and the hot breeze blew in my face. I was staring at some kampung boys flying some kites. The kites were colorful and the wind kept blowing them higher and higher, much to my amusement and their joy. The kites were swirling in the breeze. I kept staring at their progress. They kept going up.. up..so high. I stared until my eyes hurt. I felt dizzy. Then I saw my mom's white little car drive in. I remember I was happy.

When I told my mom this. She was kinda surprised. Cause I did indeed love to sit at that particular window for hours end just staring at the kampung kids antics (stalker! haha) while waiting for my mom to come back home. And yes, they did fly kites and yes, my mom's car was white. According to my mom, I should have been around 2 years old that time.

Then she kept asking me to recall what happened after that. But to no avail. All I can remember are the pretty flying kites against the bright blue sky.

We then asked my sister to join in. Ironically her first recollection was of me DROWNING barbie in her little plastic swimming pool. TSK TSK! VERY DISTURBING!!

And yeah, we then discussed the whole night away about what we recalled from our past. Everyone was so happy and we laughed at our embrassing moments. My mom's first day at school was really interesting.(my grandma was late and my mom was pitifully sobbing away at the front door.Cause she thought that if she was late for school, they'll never let her study. EVER.)

Sometimes we are so engrossed in the present and the future that we forget to look behind at the past. We get depressed and sad just thinking and worring about impending dooms and what-may-comes.

The thing I learnt yesterday. When things get tough, just look back at the past and SMILE. Relish in the good times, learn from the bad and 'think that hey you are still surviving despite all that shit that had happened.'

My cup is half full now.
And I like it this way =)

Labels: ,