Dont wanna friend you!
What to do? How to do? when a friend morphs into a controlling freak.

Ever heard the phrase above before? Come on, you arent that old too actually forget the good old days when the only objective you had in life was to stay awake until the clock strikes midnight. The days when an ice-cream cone seems to have potent magical properties which can make your problems diminish like morning dew. Come to think of it, the ONLY problem you had then were whether you had finished your homework so that you wouldnt get caned in class the next day.

Ahh.. the good old days of childhood.

Remember that the most dangerous threat your little friends had back then was "dont wanna friend you" when they get pissed off with you for godknowwhateverreasons? And you actually took the threat seriously? Heck, you even used that on your other little friends.

Lately, things are happening so fast that I feel like yelling "Dont wanna friend you anymore!!" right at certain people's faces like an immature 10 year old bitch along with the stomping and screaming in frustration. Then hopefully they'll take my threat seriously and THEN we'll reconcile and be BBFs 5 minutes later.

Well, unfortunately, things are different now. "The sugar, spice and everything nice phrase" is over. We are grown ups now. With different opinions, agendas, hopes, aspirations, inspirations and interests. No point whining when your friend suddenly morphs into this unrecognizable monster.

But seriously, how can you deal with someone who thinks that they deserves to be in control of you? So we have been through some shit, but that doesnt give you the rights to control who I am now. You think I've changed. So I have. You think I've changed alot. No. I have not changed alot character wise. For more information, please refer to my mother. She's the only human that can read me like an open book. I mix with a different bunch of people? Well, doesnt make you less important to me. You think you understand me. I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND MYSELF sometimes, so how can you?

Let me get this straight. I am not just ranting about a PERSON. Its about several people.

Christ, you make me guilty for changing. You mop. You feel like I've somehow dumped you. And when I am not around, you run around telling people about me being like a disloyal puppy that somehow escaped from your controlling leach. You whine about being left out. I cant control that as much as I try to. But seriously, its like asking me to make the sky rain. And I am not a rain god.

I am not dumping you. I am extremely loyal to my friends ok? I will refrain myself to bitch about you. But please understand there is a limit to my patience. You just need to believe in me that if the sun refuses to shine in your world, you can count on me to be there with torchlights and boxes of triple A batteries.

I know what you have done for me. I appreciate it. I love you. I seriously do. But takkan you expect me to kneel before you in ETERNAL WORSHIP?

Then theres the whole issue about me turning LALA-ish.

Some reasons I am NOT LALA

The name
Its Mei Kay. Mickey is just a nickname derived from my dad's unusual, almost obsessive fascination with a fictional mouse. Mickey is a christian name the last time I checked. As long as my name isnt named after some random food or object, I am therefore NOT LALA.

The background
I am chinese but I do not look very chinese. I come from an english educated background with parents who come from angmoh school and speak a mix of angmoh,hokkien and cantonese. Does being multilingual make me lala? Gracious.

The attitude
I do not go "kawaii!" or "how ke ai!" when I see something that pleases me. I am more imaginative and creative with my words okay? Cause I see no point in acting cute. Its stupid and rather degrading if you ask me. Girls who are smart and act cute repels me. Please la, acting lke a 10 year old when you are 18 AINT adorable. Its scary. Its like going against evolution or something!!

The Msn display pics
Give me a break. So when I start putting pictures of myself in msn display pictures, means I am turning lala lah? So I have become more perasan cause I had come to realise that with the correct lighting and with a clear enough camera but not too clear until you can see ALL the imperfections I actually look presentable! But that is not basis for you to attack me!

Besides, lala is a force that comes from WITHIN.



The dressing
I do not dress all colorful and bling-blingy with all kinds of unusual stuff hanging off me. Besides, one can't judge a person's lala-ness by just looking at a person! Its the inside that matters!

The Ah Bengs
Lala mois run around and run away with vcd ah bengs with self-dyed blond hair who love telling the world about their mummy's byebyes all the time. I dont.

The hangouts
I prefer Mid Valley. Not Sungai Wang. Some of the clothes are too flashy. And all I buy are T-shirts.



I am not a child whom you can control by telling me that you dont wanna friend me anymore.

So please, dont try to shape me into your ideal friend. Wake up! ideal friends do not exist in real life.

I dont know what I am trying to prove here.
I seriously dont.