Living in denial

Before I proceed. Let wikipedia help me explain what denial is:

Denial is a defense mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too painful to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explaining done.
Lets continue.

Please people if you hate to read, please dont continue.This is going to be one of my full blown karangan like entries. So kindly click on the top hand corner of the monitor, on the little red box with the x if you arent up for some heavy duty reading.

This is a topic I had wanted to blog about for a very very long time. Yes, it has been a long time coming cause I just simply couldnt put my thought into words.

Maybe I was also in denial. Hmm..

All my life I had been faced with people living in denial. Now,if they were people whom I dont know and probably dont give a damn about, it wouldnt have mattered much would it? But unfortunately for me, I seem to have this thread of destiny which causes me to always have to meet with denial striken people.

And you know whats the worst part is?
They dont even realise they are in denial.

So how in the world can you possible tell them?

A: "eh, kawan."
B: "Umm.. yes kawan apa hal?"
A: "I think you are living in denial."
B: "Uhm... apa itu denial?"

A launches into a tirade of explaination

B: "No I am not! I am perfectly fine."
A: "No your not. Your just in denial that you are living in denial."
B: "[insert swearwords in all languages] Keep your opinions outta my life"


Denial. Its hard to spot but its there.

Its fine if these things happen to people whom you couldnt care less about if they dropped dead tomorrow and get eaten by a pack of hyenas who had been puasa-ing for a week. savage yes, but sometimes I think people are scarier than the hyenas which I just meantioned.

The problem is that I care too much. Probably abit too much for my own good. Even if the matter doesnt involve me, I get myself emotionally involved. I get moody, angry and sad all at the same time. Is it possible to feel so much altogether? Yeah why not? Unless of course you are the kind who have an emotional capacity of a teaspoon.

But after awhile, I have learnt not to feel anymore and play numb.


No Eye Look indeed.

But its hard to control yourself when you see someone who has made a mistake, regreted it, and still for some reason, is on the verge of making the same mistake AGAIN!


What do you do? Do you
a)Think "No eye look already, let them hurt themselves until they are contented. Maybe they are sadists."
b)Put on your wisdom hat and give them a preaching which will make mother theresa proud
c)Stay around with some popcorn and watch amusingly when the shit hits the fan. AGAIN


I'd say I am a frequent practitioner of option a.
I'll just prepare an umbrella so when the shit hits the fan, at least I keep myself clean.

Selfish yes.
But what if its your family members who are in denial?
Great! mei kay, just when you think you have a fool proof plan for combat.

........

Sometimes, I just wanna shake these people awake. Take them by the shoulders firmly and just shake shake shake.

Sometimes, I just wanna yell. Stomp around like a five year old and tell them I dont wanna friend them anymore.

Sometimes, I just wanna use all the contents of my rich dictionary of swearwords on them.

Sometimes, I couldnt care less.
Or I pretend I couldnt care less.

Tell me, how can you wake a person in denial?
but then again, the waking up has got to be done from within.

Haih susahlah.

Eh for those who are still reading this congrats la wei for reaching this far! My respect to you for even surviving reading up to here without even taking a toilet break or something

Or probably there's also another possibility: You are in denial that you are in love with me. haha! =p


As a reward you can feast your eyes on the banner I did today. Love it and I will use it to end all my future posts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , , ,