Damn scams.

Ok shall not be talking about myself now cause talking about myself makes myself do deep thinking and that will provoke myself to think, question and try to find solutions to problems I am incapable of solving, and thus cause me to feel unhappy.

People are often happier when they dont question the state they are in.
ohm.

Anyway, since me and my housemates have nearly been scammed by this bunch of people who claim that we need to pay for mosquito fogging which we all know is provided free by the government (yeah kinda silly to try to scam people using THAT excuse) i shall talk about the scams which I have personally came across.

Situation 1.
Monk in KFC.
First glance I didnt see anything out of place.
Then I saw he was eating.. a dinner plate.

Something doesnt equate there:
Dinner place=3 piece chicken+ mash potato+ salad+bun
Monks= Vegetarians.

Dont tell me you buy a dinner plate just to eat the salad+ potato+ bun okay.

Situation 2

Blind man walks into lrt.
Takes an empty seat.

He folds his walking stick up.
Okay. maybe he's making space so people wont trip. How considerate.

Then this hot chick walks in.
His eyes follow her in.
Eh? Coincidence maybe.

Then hot chick walks out.
His eyes follow her out.

Then few stops later he walks out.
Without his walking stick.

Everyone's eyes follow him out.

Ladies and Gentleman, did we just witness a miracle?

Situation 3:
An aunty just grabbed my friends arm and slipped a buddhist bracelet on her wrist and told her "Blessing for you... donation please"

*smiles, palms out*

Wow.
Simple. Direct. To the point.
(Not really counted as a scam due to the tactlessness of the aunty, but oh well)

Situation 4:
(again. not really a scam but i think its worth mentioning)

Old neighbour.
Well dressed. Looked like *nice* office people.
They fleed their home in the middle of the night suddenly one day.
Turns out they owed the loan sharks a significant amount.
Kaki judi kononnye.

I even remembered the couple smiled at me when I bumped into them a day before they suddenly shifted out.
I remember thinking "hm they seem nice"

Riiight.

This is why city people are generally aloof, cold and unfriendly.
If a stranger smiles at you they are probably gonna try to sell you something.
If a stranger talks to you, they are probably out to get you.

So we people came out with a solution to avoid such unfortunate happenings: we walk around in earphones and look at our ipod screens to block out looking and talking to others. And despite the fact that we bump into probably hundreds of people everyday, we dont talk much.

Labels: ,