Exams! Oh why art thou was invented?

From Uncyclopedia's viewpoint
Exams as Torture Mechanisms oh so true

Administering of exams is a form of torture which has survived from the Dark Ages. Unlike stretching people, drowning them in cow shit, or pouring scalding oil on happy children, examinations are one of the few horrors of old which are still considered socially acceptable.

Worldy problems associated with exams include stress, incontinence, and death.

From my viewpoint:
Exams:
I agree with the above mentioned that exams are a form of worldly torture mechanism which is invented by some dung brained moron. That, would be, in my opinion, one of the darkest moments of humanity. With its invention, humanity had plunged into dark ages ever since.

Education and exams In Malaysia:
In Malaysia, the salt is added to the wound as politicians decide that 10 subjects is a minimal and an acceptable form of legal torture bestowed upon innocent wide eyed school children. Quantity gets a upperhand compared to quantity Escaping the system is not possible unless one 1) wins 4d (so can go overseas to study) 2)gets admitted to some happy place in Perak aka: Tanjung Rambutan 3)dies.

Unfortunately, with the exception of happily winning 4d, the other two options seem pretty bleak. This is probably one of the better reasons why Malaysians are so obsessed with 4d. Toto and magnum bosses are probably flying Boing 747s full of money to their swiss bank account as I am typing. buggers

As competative citizens of 'bolehland' Malaysia Boleh! ma.., we like to accuse our southernly neighbour Sinagapore of being kiasu, yet again, we think that sending kids to extra tuition classes in addition to ballet classes, piano classes, singing classes, acting classes and art classes is socially acceptable form of 'education'. Kids nowadays can just kiss goodbye to the sweet simple pleasures of this thing called childhood.

Education has also become something parents like to compare about when they gather. The point is that the more tuition centers your poor child gets admitted to, the better off financially you are. In addition, it is thought in certain parts of KL that if a child is not admitted to a montessori kindergarden and does not drink dumex, they will be automatically doomed to a lifetimes of B and C, oh perhaps even worst, F!! gasp

Tell me, where is the logic?

Education should be an enjoyable experience. Once upon a happier time, I used to like studying. no kidding As I get older, I feel it has become rather pointless to sit around memorizing facts and poking at my calculator, learning something which I doubt will help me much in the future. We live in a generation where the quantity of As is more important than the process of education itself and where children are thought to be stupid even if they scored 5As. Happily enough, my parents were not caught in the education rat race and thus, I have always had a free hand in deciding what I want and what I wanna do. But, it pains me to see my cousin being shipped off to kindergaden at the tender age of three. My aunt even submitted an application form to her choice of primary school when my cousin sis was barely four! what the [insert applicable word here]

goodness. What is wrong with the world?
sigh.. I suppose it is time I have to join the rat race in this paper chase society.My evil economics paper beckons.

Ps: If this comes out for my English paper today, I'll probably scream the roof off the sport complex. Wish me luck lah!

Labels: ,