Do you know who to call in an emergency?

Lately, people have been asking me alot of questions which I cant answer.

"Why do you look so tired?"
"Why are you so quiet lately?"

Let me get this straight. I am not tired. And since when was I a very noisy person? I talk when I want to and shut up when I need to. Like that I wont get on people's nerves and they wont get on mine. Fair deal indeed.

Today, my Fundamentals of Marketing lecturer talked about something interesting which woke me up from my usual state of mental slumber. For she mentioned about something called the poverty of time.


Oh stupid timetable. How I loathe thee with three 8 am classes and one 9 am class in a week.

Poverty of time is the feeling of lacking of time to do anything EXCEPT for the basic nessecities. Like wake up, eat, get stuck in jam, work, eat, work more and then get stuck in jam again before going back home to makan and sleep.

Now, that what I call a bright ray of sunlight.

I realised people nowadays always seem to be complaining about being fucking busy. Dunno what they are busying about with the 24 hours they are given in a day also. Adults I understand la, but students?

Actually, I think the poverty of time is a personal thing. Time is always there, just depends on how you organize it.

Sometimes when I am busy I ask myself. What am I always busying about? Procrastinating maybe? Making up lame excuses as to why I procrastinate? Or wallowing in problems?


There was once an old man I use to always spot at the Teluk Gadong ktm station on the way back to college. He was abit mentally unstabil and was always dressed shabbily in dirty old tees of varying shades of faded colors. His hair was messy and he was always unshaven.

I used to be scared of him. People who lost their marbles are very unpredictable one you know.

Then as I sat from the opposite side of the tracks, I noticed he was always telling and giving people directions.

"kalao nak pergi central, pergi trak sebelah nak"

And his directions are very realiable one okay.

Then for some reason I think it was ironic. You see, he was always giving people directions as to where and how to get to their destination. Yet, where is he heading himself? Where is his destination? While everyone has already reached their destination, the little old man was still to be seen standing there busying, always directing people on where to head.

Sometimes we are abit like that little old man. People always seem to adore turning to you for advice, which is of course understandable considering that you are such a kind considerate person. On top of that you are also a good listener and rather pretty as well. haha!

Yet we always cant seem to solve our own problems.

Bear with me. I didnt have breakfast, had some biscuit for lunch, a large double cheeseburger set for tea and then proceeded to eat a whole plate of chicken rice an hour after the McD meal. Then I slept. When I woke up around 12 am,I had a banana and 5 pieces of chocolate And surprisingly, I feel an urge to eat kuey tiao instant mee now with a glass of milk now. Or toasted bread.

Gosh I am weird.

Now excuse me while I run off to get some tissue for my running nose.

Labels: