Selfless me. Selfish me.


Sorry for the lack of updates. No, I have not died in duration. Neither was I harmed in any other way during the entire time I didn’t update. In fact, I am pretty fine with the exception of being extremely tired and rather busy this few days.

Oh yeah. Streamyx is throwing awful tantrums at me recently as well. stupidstupidstupidstupid tmnet


Have you ever been caught in a situation where you have been given the choice to make a decision which requires you to choose between being selfless and selfish?

If you choose being selfless, you end up walking around in self pity.
Then, if you choose being selfish, you end up feeling EXTREMELY guilty.

Today I had to make a choice between being selfless and selfish.
I choose to be selfish today.i am so not proud of myself now

The ironic thing is while I was having this huge internal war with my conscience on my decision, I have to be watching a show which seem to hang on to the whole selfish and selfless theme. Yeah I watched pirates today to honour my pledge to my classmates to watch it with them again this year.

I wont ruin your reading pleasure by divulging any spoilers here. uh-huh. Am I just so considerate or what?

Anyhow, with all the considering about the correctness of my actions today, I remembered a question someone once asked me before: About priorities.

If you could list down in sequence what would mean most to you now, what would you put as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on? The choices : friends, studies, family,boy/girlfriend and cocorricular activities.Explain your choices.

Now this is a tough question. Considering that I, being a rather simple creature most of the time, have never gave much thought to such a question.

So what did I answer?

1.Family.
As they say, you can choose your friends and not your family. My family has always been there for me supporting me when I need them, never giving me unnecessary pressure on my studies, forever giving me as much freedom as I want, teaching me to believe in myself, teaching me to never set an invisible limit for myself..We quabble constantly, yet we hold as one despite the cold and hot wars. Somehow.

2.Friends.
Friends are family which we can choose. Its just so simple and complicated as that

3.Studies
I am in college right? So yeah, I should be studying like a good girl to make myself and my ancestors proud

4.Cococurricular activities
Well, the experience gained from involvement is good. No amount of reading chicken soup for the soul is equivalent to what you learnt from hands on experiences. That's all I have to say.

5.Boy/Girlfriend
Well, I dont have one. I suck in this department. So yeah, thou shall be place in the bottom of my list til further consideration.

Yeah, I think that's what I answered the person(s).

So what are your priorities?
And if being too selfless til it causes you to feel you are starting to lose your freedom and self, can it be said that you are selfish?

Its really hard to be selfish for yourself yet selfless to others at the same time. We always tend to hurt some people along the way.

Maybe thats why we love Jack Sparrow so much. He can be as weird as can be and still be so amazingly lovable. Be selfish and always get what he wants. Yet always seemingly be able to bounce back and selflessly save everyone at the end of the story.

Gosh I love Captain Jack Sparrow despite him having peanut mad imaginary selfs and his rather deaf conscience(s).

Labels: ,