The Simple Life
Just so you know, bentong is not just famous for durians.

Thanks to the almost non-existent streamyx connection in my house recently, I've been trying to type and save some of my posts in Microsoft word when the blogging urge kicks in =.='

But biasanya I type a paragraph, give up and end up speculating which character will die in the cantonese drama which my roommate and I are currently chasing. Yes, sadly, I get distracted rather easily.

So yeah, thats why I am posting this so late.


Just a day before semester three,which is exactly a week ago thats how long I dah procrastinated. Goodness. I went to my friend's kampung which is located at Bentong to stay for a night.

For those katak tempurungs who have or had not taken a good look at the malaysian map during geography lessons shame on you, Bentong is located right after Genting. Meaning that it is listed as a town in Pahang despite it being around an hour plus drive to KL.

To sum the whole place and lifestyle up, I'd only have one word to say : Simple.

My friend told us to keep our voices down after 11pm as most people are already asleep and will probably start to hurl swearwords in as many languages and dialects which they can conjure up in their minds at the moment of sleepiness and fury. And courtesy of sleeping early, these people wake up equally early as well.

On the way to the coffeeshop at 8am, we realised that EVERYONE was already awake. Yes, you can even hear babies crying out loud and mini rempits zooming around in their bicycles, terrorizing unwary people. Makes me wonder at what ungodly hour do these people pull themselves out of bed...

Despite being rather close to genting, the air there isnt exactly cool during the day. However, when night falls, many of us were all searching for blankets in the dark.

There isnt much around town as well. They dont have huge shopping malls or anything. Yet, they do have a three story kfc. And I think I saw McD somewhere...and yeah,I was told there is a whorehouse as well (nationality: china).. so yeah, its not SO kampung to such an extent =p

What amuses me the most is the speedbumps there.


Either they hire creative kerja raya people or they hire people who havent taken their undang test. I would like to think both.

With the town being not much of an attraction, we focused our attention on bentong's natural wonders- the jungle, the waterfall and the hot springs.

Unfortunately, there wasnt enough time to visit the hot springs =( The jungle trekking and the visit to the waterfall took most of the time already.

Actually, the camwhoring process took most of the time. At last count, 16 of us took more than 200 pictures in a span of one day.

Oh. My. God. That sounds so vain.

I am tired of typing. If you havent got the stomach to look at people in various vain poses, please do not scroll down. For the love of your stomach, just dont.


I get a very Ace Ventura vibe each time I look at this picture. I am weird I know


Trying to replicate the red indian tiki


Omg Stranded!!


I perfected my lanci face.


Poser betul...


Everyone, suck in those spare tyres!


Further evidence that I am NOT lala! I have not succumbed to THE 'v' sign!!

I need to sleep now. So tired from the travelling from setapak to klang today. And then tomorrow,I have to travel back to setapak already.

Damn.

Labels: ,