Of living gods and slaves of marketing
Say hello to the residents of Fast Ln.

Trivia of the day:
Did you know? The highest amount of fatalities brought upon modems and routers are caused by thunderstorms?

According to prof mickey, who had numerous modems dying on her during her years of using the internet.


A moment of silence please. For the dismiss of my old modem, which coincidentally isnt OLD at all. In fact, its only several weeks old.

Thankfully, I got a new modem to replace my old one in setapak. I know I am totally heartless towards all these digital atuff and totally oblivious to all the technological jargon. Asalkan as my pc can

1.Online. With considerable speed.
2.Download movies and music.
3.And play online games.

I am happy as can be.


My title is damn pelik I know. Bear with me ok, my very sleepy head isnt very cooperative with its creative department at this moment.

Today, I wanna talk about the two kinds of people who I observed during this week. Actually I am just being very lazy and just combined the two issues into a single fat post.

Ever had a friend who seemed to be able to be doing all 513517537 things at a time, and still manage to allocate some time to score straight A, secure a scholarship, be part of the debate team,be an excellent dancer AND is pretty/handsome to top it all?

This isnt based on a real persona. But you get the picture. Sometimes you cant seem to understand how they can be so bloody... godlike.They make you wanna just kiss the ground they trod on and buy coloks to worship them.

I know such peope. Aside from being students with extreamely attractive and numerous co curricular sijils, they work during the weekends, and still manage to score ok and maintain boyfriends. They do all these without getting any eyebags.

Talk about multitasking.

I think I'd be introduced to my coffin ten years ahead of my time if I lived like that. Like seriously.

Then, several days ago, I had this extremely tiring conversation with an acquaintance. Now mind you, the said person is what I'd like to call as a slave of marketing. Or if you want be to put it more crudely: Brand Whore.

I noticed when I talked about clothes, the person will talk about Guess, Armani exchange, Versage and godknowswhatelselagi.

When I talked about restaurant/cafe/any makan area, the person will talk about laundry bar, coffeebean, starbucks, secret recipe and whereverisfamous.

AND the most frustrating thing is, when I talked about hospitals, this person started blabbering about Glen eagles, Assunta, Pantai.....

You know what? I feel like I am mentally deteriorating when I am talking to this person. Like I am slowly suffering a painful torture of words which makes me wanna whither away just from trying to keep up with the competitiveness of the whole conversation.

Yer. I also realised this human being actually has the map of KLCC (place for snobs and arabian tourists) mentally burned into his skull.

Its rather belittling to hear that GAP is terrible in this person's books. I dont even buy all these. My parents dont own bank negara you know. So normally I get my clothes from padini or likewise shops with prices around there and sometimes even from the occasional pasar malam visits.

You know what, just because you want to live in the fast lane, doesnt mean all of us wanna follow you blindly down the road of indulgence and kill ourselves faster.

Besides, Baby Armanis dont go to tar college. They are normally exported.

So dont put on a show and fake it with a affected accent. We aint that blind AND deaf you know.

Labels: ,