The thing about Setapak.

Haih I know there are going to be repercussions if i start tying away now la cause this is something i had ranted alot about and.. surprise! I still got more isi kandungan to rant about.

But kenot tahan okay.
So yeah, if you are busy/planning to get busy, you'd better just bugger off cause apparently something tells me this post might just get loooong. Need to get it off my system now before I head off and start mugging company law.
Right. I think I got my point across now.

Okay what I wanna rant about to today is about the stories of setapak @ the place I am staying now @ one of the most dangerous places in KL.
Anyway here are some stories about the close calls which people around me have gotten themselves into.

************************
Lets start with the most recent story I have received from my ex housemate. Apparently, he just came back to this area to yum char and gotten himself robbed 800 bucks. When the robber wanted to take his wallet away from him, he'd thrown his wallet as far as possible from the spot where he was standing and ran in the opposite direction.

Good thinking.

... or perhaps not. Apparently the robber wasnt amused by this random act of gusto. Probably thought the fellow was trying to be funny. And lo behold! My friend was awarded with a big fat scar on his arm now. Kena slashed for nothing wtf.

And you know what, I was actually invited out to yum char also. But you see, I was back in hometown so I was safe. Cant imagine if I actually went out to yum char also lah.
*shudder*

*************************************

Next story revolves around another friend. Now, aimee's advice about dressing down to make one less attractive so that rapists wont want to waste their energy to rape may actually be proved to be nothing but a theory.

You see, this friend involved, she was really dressed down- in a t-shirt and shorts.

Story goes, when she was about to enter her house, this guy appeared and told her he was a polis and wanted to see her ic.
Now , seeing this guy was wearing casual clothing, my friend suspected something and asked to see his polis identification card. Needless to say, the guy panic-ed. And tried to drag her into her own house.
Thankfully the neighbour heard the racket and came out to check.
Needless to say, the guy fled. Dont worry he still had his pants on. Friend was safe thank goodness.
And you know whats the most freakiest thing?! The neighbour actually knew the bogus police- wannabe-rapist.

WTF. Six degrees of separation theory. Proven.

Which leads all of us to conclude that it was a planned attempted. Not a random act of horny-ness as a result of tongkat ali coffee. Or whatever people eat/drink to get themselves turned on these days.
**************************
Okay, next story is about some unlucky fellow i know who always seems to get robbed each time he purchases a new handphone. Not the cheap kind mind you.
So far, he has been robbed 2 times in 6 months.

Karma can be such a bitch sometimes. So i remembered people telling him to pray more. Uh, get blessing from Guan-yin niang niang and in return carry around a piece of laminated "fu" you know, the yellow pieces of paper people carry around to protect themselves? Sorry, I have no idea what you call that in english.
**************************
Next, another story of another exhousemate. Actually happened before I shifed in into my old house. But its kinda hilarious so I just share with you guys.
He was walking back home after buying some stuff from the nearby houses. Then this malay guy came up suddenly and pointed a penknife at him.

and guess what? He fought back.
Dont know if its the wisest thing to do actually.
And as the result of the tussle, he got his shirt torn off. Yeah, so dramatic huh?

But then again, he managed to hang on to his wallet and handphone.
So what I heard is that when he came back home, all the housemates were like

"dude, where's your shirt?!!!!!!"

LOL. So he ran back half naked.
********************************

Another friend was robbed of her handphone while she was sleeping. And surprise surprise, the theif was so smart, he/she/they took the charger as well!

And maybe to supplement the next's months phone bill, they took off with a jar of coins as well.
wtf!?

*****************************

Now, normally we hear of snatch thieves, we'd assume them to be skinny dark yong sui indonesian immigrants. And that their favourite mode of transport is the same with the mat rempits.
Not necessarily.

Someone I know got her bag snatched by a wira.
.....

See, the snatch thieves now are so rich they have already upgraded to wiras.

*******************************
Next is a story about me being left alone at home once cause some people were off playing badminton. And I dont really like badminton. Cant really see the point in getting all sweaty chasing over a shuttercock. So there I was busy onlining my time away when I heard a knock on the door.

Opened it to see a malay guy telling me someone stole shoes from my house.
First thought that crossed my mind was "all we keep outside is slippers"

And so I told him "nevermindlah"
Malay guy: "but you gotta check"
Me: "seriously, all we keep outside is slippers"
Malay guy: "but I saw the theif took off with a pair of nike"
Me: "pasar malam one kononnya. Dont worry real nike is inside"
Malay guy: "... but u still gotta check. Open the door and check bah"
Me: "I dont think I need to lah. Its nothing really."
Malay guy: "you really should open the door"
Me: (getting frustrated) "seriously, its ok. Nevermind."
So I went into my room and fetched my phone. At that time only did I realise that the guy wasnt alone, he had a friend on motor outside and there was a white van parked outside the gate.

WHITE VAN. Like TVB drama. You know the ones they use to kidnap people?

Must always be white van one.
When I came out, and started dialling the numbers, the guy told me "takapa lah" and went off with the motor and van.
like entourage like that. sial.

Was kinda blur, considering it was my first year then.
Considering, I was lucky I was safe that night. When I tell people about it, they told me I was lucky. A lucky fool. If I had located my keys (see, this is why you never should have keys in the living room) and opened the door, they would have took off with the 7 or 8 computers in the house. And perhaps even me. Considering the TVB white van.
.........
Thankfully, some of my housemates friends came by and me, afraid of those freaky malay guys coming back again, went out for dinner with the bunch of them.

When four of them offered to pay for my drink when the bill came..(maybe I look somehow traumatised) only did I realise, that I was the only girl.

One of the weirdest night of my life.
Oh yeah, I choose to pay for the drink myself.

*****************************
Oh yeah, not only money get stolen. Sometimes even clothes. I had heard of people losing levis jeans, pasar malam stuff and even weirder.. underwear.

Haha black ones somemore. Kinky.


There's this housemate of my friend who was complaining about how some this thief took off with her bra. Not the cheap one mind you. But quality bra with great support. Triumph wtf.
So.. I get it. Theifs do bra shopping for their wives at night.
The world is so wrong lah.
***************************

And flashers. Must not forget about them. Some unfortunate girls have fell victim to them. They are so brave they can just WALK UP to ones house and just start erm doing their business. Preferably they target houses where most of the inhabitants are girls.

Thus, never ever move into a house where most of the people staying there are all girls. It attracts flashers.

*************************
I dont really see much coming from the information I just divulged. But nevertheless, I just wanted everyone to know that these complains about this area being dangerous arent just empty talk based on unfounded facts and stories. They really do happen. Almost everyday. These are just the stories I had picked up.

If I actually opened my eyes and ears more. There are more. Stories of people I dont not know and never heard before. Names connected to faces I have never seen before.

But I choose to tell the stories of those I know and have hear first hand account of.

Everyone meet weechookeong aka ah choi.

MP for wangsa maju.

From keadilan.

AH CHOI PLS DO SOMETHING!

(haha we call him ah choi cause he has an uncanny resemblance to one of my classmate named-yeah you guessed it right- Ah Choi)

Anyway, this MP also has a blog http://www.weechookeong.blogspot.com/

Yay to bloggers.

^^

Now let us spam his blog. muahahahaha.

Sorry la exam makes people do funny things. Including (thinking of) spamming our local MP's blog.

Labels: , , , , ,