Small world. Big changes

Life has a funny way of dealing with people. Just when you are about to get too comfortable in your little zone of security, it decides to throw a bomb of sorts at you, shocking the hell outta you, jumbling up your emotions and shaking your perspective of things around you.

Sometimes this little bomb of sorts might actually be a nice surprise.
Sometimes, life decides to be a bitch and throw you something nasty instead.

Life decided to throw a bomb on me today.
Thankfully, it is full of laughing gas.

Today, while going on with my usual routine of stalking people's facebook accounts, I noticed I had a friend request. So, duh, I clicked. And I saw this three words.

Thon Ai Lee.

My head went into hyperdrive upon seeing those words. I kept playing with the three words again and again in my head, even saying it out loud just to be sure. And the name rolled out of my mouth like I had said it many many times before, in a sing song way which I had used to call that name teasingly.

My brain was telling me : "No way. Like seriously"
heck, even my eyes were telling me: "No way"
But my gut told me: "Oh yes way!You have GOT to message her"

So I did.
Turned out my gut was right about her.

She called me maggie.
people used to call me maggie.
I'm not really sure how or why they called me that.

And she really did turn out to be my old childhood friend.
She lived down the road where I used to live. So technically, we were neighbours as well as school mates and van mates (used to take the same van to school as well)

Eight years had since passed since we saw each other.
Eight years since we came back here.
Eight years since we lost contact.
Today, we broke that eight year barrier.

I looked at her picture.
Gone was the pigtails. In its place was long straight rebonded hair.
Gone were the awkward teeth. It its place was nice teeth.
Gone was the little girl I remembered. In its place was a leng lui.
Yet something still remained which made me able to distinguish her when I look at her profile pictures closely.

That look on her face.
Somethings never change =)

You know whats the funniest thing?
She's in the same class with my secondary classmate, Nicholas.

I feel so zha dao-ed now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , , ,