Mistaken identity

Yesterday, I had been asked a very disturbing question which I had been asked so many gazillion times before that I shouldn't even be disturbed by the question anymore.

Yet, I am.
Its too distubing ok.

Yesterday, an Indian security guard asked me

"Eh moi, you Cina ke?"

Like duh, I was speaking mandarin at that time lah. With a chinese friend. But then again, we are in Malaysia. Indians speak great cantonese here la wei. And I know some malay girls who think daniel is cute.

But I think he was just being nice. Instead of asking me "Cik, mengapa tak balik kampung sambut raya?", he decided to indirectly ask me if I am chinese.

My race has always been a question to alot of people.

Half the time people think I am malay.
Or half malay
Or thai
Or half thai
and when I get really sun tanned, I was asked if I was a chindian.

Once, someone thought I was an eurasian.
I thought the person was mad.

Haiyo.
Always the quizzical looks when I tell them I am pure cina.
A bit of a banana at heart, but nevertheless, I am chinese.

Sometimes I wonder if one of my ancestors had been naughty with someone of another race =p

Labels: