Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
REFLECTIONS
Today's post is going to be rather personal, and if you are a person who'd rather be picking coconuts instead of reading such an entry, go right ahead as I might bore the frilly pink french underpants off you.

FAU Executive Board 2006/2007

Everything has been surreal ever since I first gotten the sms to be one of the Organizing Committee of NBDC(Novemeber Blood Donation campaign) and AGM(Annual General Meeting). Although it has been a rather tiring process, I have learnt alot and grown through the process.

Emceeing was something as alien to me as a durian would appear to a penguin, I initally had -100% faith doing something so large scale. college hall leh wei!with spotlight, coat and podium! Apparently, seems like people seem to have more faith in me more than I could ever had.Thus proving the fact I am indeed my own worst critic. But I managed to pull through reasonably well despite the mental stress and pressure from the excos,ex-excos,ex-ex-excos,student affair department representatives,advisors and godknowswhoelselagi prior to the event. But I am thankful for their kind advice and support, especially to ah wong former emcee,teik kwang eventhough he was rather strict and Ms Chen. Now, I am stuck with people going "announcing!" whenever they see me. goodness gracious.

As being emcee was mentally challenging, being the publicity manager for AGM was time consuming and artistically challenging. Lack of ideas and time juggling between studies and activities were put to test rather severely considering it is the jolly season of presentations,mid terms and replacement classes. Nearly got into squabbles between my coursemates for not being there when they needed me. Somehow, I survived with a better photoshop skills and more common sense.

Then came the request for exco interview and the AGM. Being one of the organizing people made it ever so interesting as i had to dash up and down the stage numerous times in 3 inch high heels! Yes mei kay you are officially an idoit when my name was read out for nomination. Thank you, organizing monkeys for saying "announcing! the arrival of ms wong mei kay" when it was my turn to read my speech. Bloody embarassing la wei.

Thinking back, I never even wanted to join this society. I was particially dragged by a fellow Brat to join. I wanted to join xia xiang initially! haha! thus proving the fact that I lack common sense. Tell me, has a half banana ever survived in xia xiang? Where people speak aristocratic mandarin and say their hanyupinyin perfectly?

Through all the madness, I managed to get selected to be one of the member of the executive board 06/07. I suppose I will have to enjoy my free time now as activities begins in march. Yes, this will be one hell of a rollercoaster ride of a year. Thank god I like rollercoasters.

Labels: , ,