Let the shroud of secrecy be revealed!

After all those years of waiting.
After all the movies (which, in my opinion, failed horribly. AGAIN and AGAIN).
After all the hype.
All the curiousity and wild guesses.

FINALLY, harry potter 7 is out!!!!

My sister and mom (who was so great to wake up so early on a saturday) woke up at the ungodly hour of 6.30 am so that they could buy the latest book at Tesco. such sacrifice! such impatience!

I on the other hand, slept til 12pm. haha, I am such a blood traitor.

Upon picking up the book, feeling its smooth shiny hard cover and feeling the weight of its thickness on the face of my palm, I felt strangely sad. Yes, sad. But delighted as well at the prospect of finally knowly what will happen to our hero. And slightly scared that he will suffer the fate which many had predicted.

Harry Potter. He has an extremely fond place in my heart since primary six. Amist the hype of the release of the four book, my dad decided to get me one. It was rather unfortunate that after obtaining the book, my mom hid it away as I had UPSR trails to attend to. Unknown to her, I secretly found the book and stole it away, reading it instead of practicing my hanyupinyin and finishing it within four days.

When she finally presented the book to me after my trails, I told her "I have read it already". She was very wtf-ed.

Before I read about harry's little adventures, I have had enid blyton and nancy drew to keep me contended. And of course, whichever random book which I took to fancy. Since I could string a sentence properly, I was drawn to books, to words, to stories and adventures waiting to be discovered within pages.

At a certain point, my liking of harry turned into a mild obcession, with me collecting everything and anything related to it. Pictures, newspaper cutting, chocolate frogs, posters, trading cards. You name it, and I bet I'd have it. Damn, thanks to harry, I even dabbled into web designing, creating a fansite dedicated to him at geocities when I was 13. hahaha.. omg I cant believe how silly I was back then

Alot of people msn-ed me when I went online msn today with the message bought harry potter 7 liao. harry dont die!. They asked me how was the story, and most importantly, who DIED.

Book seven reveals alot of history.
of hidden skeletons in closets and regrets.
of unreturned affection and love.
of unrelenting faith in others.
of valour and courage.
of learning to trust upon your instincts and be free to make your decisions.

The cover isnt pretty and yeah it might be draggy at parts. And perhaps slightly predictable and little cheesy at the end. Many died. Most survived. A child was left orphaned. Yet, it managed to hold a punch which we all needed after the half blood prince.

Some of us grew up with pokemon and digimon. Some grew up with power rangers. Some grew up with doremon. I'd like to think I grew up with harry.

Labels: ,