P.h.d in Parenting

I had a very interesting conversation with my mom today:


Mom: "Let's say if you ever accidently got pregnant...."
Me: Gives her a wtf-ed stunned look "oh no I wont. That's stupid!"
Mom: "Listen to me lah.."
Me: Gives her another wtf-ed stare and shuts up, interested at what she wants to say next
Mom: "and the guy doesn't want to be responsible, OR, if you accidently got pregnant, and dunno who the hell the father is..."
Me: Refrains myself from actually going wtf out loud this time. Mom silences me with a 'look' when I tried to open my mouth.
Mom: "I just want you to know, no matter how fucked up any situation can be, you can always tell me and we'll talk it over and settle it like adults ok?"
Me: Finally found my voice I wont get pregnant!! Not anytime soon!!
Mom: "Aiya, this is just an example la.. dont so big reaction."
Me: "Why PREGNANT? Scare me only!"
Mom: "Thats the most worst case senario I can think of wert...what else somemore?"
Me: ZHA DAO -.-'



Adults, you can never quite understand what goes on in their head.

And yesla, my mom says fuck. lol. Such an unconventional way to put something into perspective. Gosh, I think I nearly got a mini seizure when she said, "doesnt know who the father is". Godnessgraciousme,my blood suddenly went cold and I thought my mom must be quite mad today. I even wondered if my ears were multifunctioning. But then again, she had always been different then most of the friend's parents.

hmm.. somehow the words "mei kay" and "pregnant" sounds very wrong and should not be put in a sentence anytime soon. Scary shit. I think I am going to have nightmares now.

You might think my mom is quite mad. Yes, perhaps. But she's fine actually. I actually like her talking this way, scaring the shit outta people when she utters such impossible sounding things.

I so love my mom.

Although she has always belittled herself saying that she's just a form five graduate without any paper qualifications and is just a housewife, I think her wisdom is far greater then any proffesor or lecturer (TSK.. Ms english bitch Umbridge Low!)

In my opinion, she has done an extremely good job with me and my sisters. We grew up fine. None of us are on drugs, we drink alcohol on chinese new year only, play poker during the holidays only, and ponteng sekolah after getting her approval =)and yeah, we pass our exams quite beautifully most of the time as well. Gosh, what else can you ask for from kids?


Communication. Its VERY important. Ask Ms Suganthi lah.

She doesnt nags. But listens and advices.
She doesnt come to me to talk. I go to her to confide.
She doesnt stop me from swearing. She JOINS me.
She doesnt condemn me from pontenging. But tells me to ponteng stategically.
She doesnt pressure me. I pressure myself.

Who cares if you dont have a phd hat? Or a degree or masters to your name? My neighbour's a qualified teacher from some university and still nags at her kids. So much, I'd bet that her naggings will probably be heard by the beings in high heaven soon.Noise pollution betul. No wonder her poor kids always look so miserable.

A distant relative has a degree from UKM nearly drove her own daughter into asylum for putting too much pressure on her. And I have a friend who is afraid to tell her own parents that she failed the first year of college cause she's tired of their constant nagging and pressure.

So much for phds and masters.In my opinion,anyone may have a phd or doctorship with enough dedication and hardwork, but not everyone can have a phd in parenting.

Congratulations mom, you have just graduated with a Phd in Parenting!!

=)